April at Beauty Expert is all about our #BENATURAL campaign. We’ve been celebrating our love for natural beauty, as well as highlighting the many wonderful organic and natural brands that are available on Beauty Expert. That’s why, for this month’s ingredient in focus, we want to focus on Calendula. Also referred to as Marigold, Calendula is an ingredient found in many natural and organic products. With its ability to heal the skin, to the fact it contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, the benefits are endless…
Benefits of Calendula…
- Skin Dryness or Chapping – It is a great moisturiser for dry/chapped or split skin and helps to soothe and reduce the pain.
- Inflammation – Super effective at reducing inflammation and swelling from injury.
- Minor Cuts & Wounds – Helps to heal wounds & minor cuts. It can also help treat insect bites, acne and bed sores.
- Skin Issues – Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis and other skin problems can be soothed. Athlete’s foot, ringworm and jock itch can be also be treated with Calendula.
- Baby Care – Helps to relieve nappy rash
Our favourite Calendula enriched products…
Jurlique Calendula Redness Rescue Soothing Moisturising Cream
This Calendula infused moisturising cream could be the answer to all of your skin’s concerns! Specifically formulated to help restore the skin’s epidermal defences, this moisturising cream from Jurlique contains a whole host of anti-irritant properties and will give your skin hydration that lasts all day long. Skin will be left looking even, toned and super soft!
Pai Calendula & Comfrey Calming Body Cream
Perfect for sensitive or allergy-prone skin types, this Calendula & Comfrey Body Cream from Pai deeply is super hydrating and therapeutic for the skin. The healing powers of Comfrey help to soothe and regenerate dehydrated skin, whilst the anti-inflammatory properties of Calendula contain anti-inflammatory properties. The formula is then complemented with additional plant oils and butters which help to replenish lost moisture, whilst additional fatty acids in Echium are added to help promote skin suppleness.
Caudalie Polyphenols C15 Anti-wrinkle Eye and Lip Cream
Winner at the Natural Health International Beauty Awards 2015, this powerful anti-wrinkle formula works to reduce the appearance of dark circles – giving you a more revitalised look throughout the day. Bursting with Horse Chesnut, Witch Hazel & Calendula, this formula will smooth the eye and lip area. Simply apply morning and evening to the eye contour and lips and instantly see smoother and softer skin.