Recognised as one of the best ingredients for sensitive skin, Chamomile boasts an endless array of health and skincare benefits, so it’s no surprise that more beauty products are formulating their products with this wonderful ingredient. It’s also one of the best skincare herbs available for relieving eczema and contact dermatitis so it’s certainly an ingredient to look out for if you suffer with any of those skin conditions. Although the ingredient has been used for thousands of years by ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans for its medicinal properties, Chamomile has leapt into the beauty spotlight more than ever in recent years. Containing antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties – it’s a powerful ingredient that certainly deserves some extra attention.
- Inflammation – Known for its incredible anti-inflammatory properties – the ingredient will not only calm the inflammation but the itching associated with various skin irritations too.
- Sensitive skin – Due to it’s anti-allergic properties, chamomile is particularly good for those with dry, red, got and sensitive skin types.
- Controlling sebum production – This ingredient is particularly beneficial for those with both oily and dry scalp conditions.
- Calming inflamed skin types – As this ingredient is one of the gentlest available, it is perfect for calming inflamed Rosacea and Acne, whilst offering the skin essential hydration.
- Cuts and Wounds – It is effective in speeding up the healing process of minor cuts and wounds.
Our Favourite Products…
Elemis Soothing Chamomile Cleanser
This ultra-mild, hypo-allergenic, cooling cleansing milk is perfect for removing make-up and impurities, yet without irritating the skin. The formula is gentle enough for sensitive, delicate and hormonal types too. Skin will be soothed, refreshed and cleansed in no time!
Application Advice: Apply morning & evening with fingertips and massage into the skin on the face and neck. Use circular and upward motion and remove with damp cotton wool.
Aesop Blue Chamomile Facial Hydrating Masque
Refresh, replenish and and rejuvenate your complexion in an instant with the Aesop Blue Chamomile Facial Hydrating Masque. Enriched with a blend of botanical extracts, including rosemary leaf, lavender and chamomile, this gel-mask is sure to leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and incredibly hydrated.
Application Advice: Apply an even layer of blue chamomile facial hydrating masque over the face & neck. Leave on for thirty minutes, and then wipe away with a damp cloth or a cotton wipe dosed with toner. Use once or twice weekly.
Pai Instant Calm: Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream
Bursting with an array of Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9 and complemented with German Chamomile, your skin will feel hydrated and revitalised in no time. This Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream from Pai has been proven to calm & soothe the skin, leaving you with fresher and healthier-looking skin.
Application Advice: Simply apply to your face and neck for whenever your skin needs a moisture top-up.