Having irritated, sensitive, red skin is one of the most common skin problems within the UK especially within the cold winter months, with our half of women suffering from some element of skin sensitivity. Rather than thinking of it as a skin problem, think of it as a skin type which over time can be easily treated. Sensitive, red skin can be driven through many factors such as shorter term problems, a reaction with a new skincare/makeup product or longer term problems, blood vessels and capillaries are visible within the skins appearance.
It is every woman’s goal to achieve a healthy clear complexion so by following these simple steps even if you have sensitive, red skin you can achieve your ideal complexion:
- Cleanse in the morning and evening
- Apply serums in the morning and evening
- Use a facial mist throughout the day
- Apply a nourishing cream in the morning and evening
By using a regimented skincare routine, you can heal sensitive skin. The products that you use on your skin are absolutely critical and more importantly the right products that you use on your skin will be the difference between a healthy complexion vs. continuous sensitive, red skin.
But for some people, using cream and serums can sometimes makes the problem worse. This is due to sensitive skin is prone to outbreaks. However not to worry, you will soon learn what you skin does and doesn’t like and soon find the right ingredients that work for you.
Bestselling products for sensitive & red skin:
- Elemis daily redness solution 50ml – reduces the appearance of broken capillaries whilst soothing and comforting red and blotchy complexions – suitable sensitive skin types.
- Murad redness sensitive skin soothing serum 30ml – plump up fine lines and sooth tired, sore skin. Soothing ingredients such as Glycolipids maximise moisture retention along with the soothing qualities of chamomile and arnica.
- Aesop parsley seed anti-oxidant serum 100ml – a serum designed specifically for dry, combination, sensitive skin tones that provides you with your daily dose of hydration. One of the bestsellers from Aesop’s range, this serum contains extracts from Grape and Parsley seed, high potency anti-oxidant ingredients.