Dry, frizzy hair is a no no in every women’s eye even more-so now that we are entering into the summer months, hot humid days are upon us which can only make dry, frizzy hair even worse. Your hair simply wants to soak up moisture in the air which causes the hair’s cuticles to expand therefore causing the fizziness.
Every woman wants to achieve silky, shiny, smooth hair without taking up too much time and effort and this is more than achievable with a few simply steps:
- Be careful with the shampoo that you use – shampooing can strip hair of its natural oils which are great frizz fighters. Try and use a shampoo that is sulphate-free as they are gentler on the hair and scalp.
- Deep condition after every shampoo – this protects the hair shaft coating it in protective seal so it is less likely to soak up the humidity, meaning fewer frizzes.
- Never rub your hair dry with a towel – this will only rough up your hair’s cuticle making it more prone to fizziness. Instead, squeeze with a hand towel to get rid of excess water.
- Get the right hair dryer – invest in an ionic hair dryer which dries hair much faster therefore creating less damage to the hair’s cuticles.
- Try and avoid hairsprays, try a gloss spray instead – by using a serum/gloss spray you are locking down each strand containing the frizz. If you still want to use hair spray try and use one that is alcohol free.
Bestselling products for dry, frizzy hair:
- Kerastase dry hair duo – a shampoo and conditioner that transforms limp and dry hair into gorgeous soft locks full of vitality. Formulated with ingredients that help hydrate and repair each strand.
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair Essence Absolute 150ml – fights against frizz, dryness and UV damage, this lightweight formula provides nourishment to your hair, leaving your hair silky soft, tangle free and moisturised.
- Pureology super smooth relaxing hair masque 150ml – a hair masque designed specifically for coloured hair that works with your hair to soften, hydrate and smooth your locks, whilst thermal ingredients protect your hair from thermal styling and boost your colour retention.